AUSTIN, Texas – Texas has announced the transfer of $105.5 million to assist extra school security and mental well being initiatives via August 31, 2023.
The added funding will enhance steps the point out has previously taken to make educational institutions safer and aid the mental overall health of kids, academics, and people pursuing the tragedy at Robb Elementary Faculty in Uvalde, according to a press release from Governor Greg Abbott’s business office.
$100.5 million will be transferred to point out businesses and programs to enrich college basic safety and mental health companies in Uvalde and through Texas. The funding will offer:
- $50 million for bullet-resistant shields
- $5.8 million to extend the Texas Little one Health Accessibility By means of Telemedicine (TCHATT) statewide
- $4.7 million to the Health and Human Services Fee (HHSC) to boost Multisystemic Remedy (MST) across the point out
- $950,000 to HHSC to expand Coordinated Specialty Treatment (CSC) teams throughout the state
- $7 million for immediate reaction education by the Superior Regulation Enforcement Swift Reaction Training (ALERRT) Center and $3 million for neighborhood regulation enforcement agencies to offset journey expenses linked with the teaching
- $7 million to the Texas Faculty Basic safety Centre for on-website campus assessments to consider obtain control actions
- $17.1 million for university districts to obtain silent panic alert technology and
- $5 million to the Texas Department of Community Security to grow fusion center study and abilities.
Point out management also approved up to $5 million to be employed by the Hill Nation Psychological Health and fitness & Developmental Disabilities (MHDD) Middle to aid in evaluating mental wellbeing companies in the Uvalde group and making ready a requires assessment for the legislature.