Thank you so much for making our day—so many of you emailed us to tell us you love and would never guess you were actually getting your veggie servings in our Skinny Green Smoothie, our Avocado and Apple Green Smoothie, and our Kale Recharge Smoothie and we can’t wait for you to try this to feel the same way! 🙂
If you’re looking for an easy healthy snack recipe or weight loss smoothie recipe, look no further than this antioxidant packed, anti-inflammatory recipe. It requires little meal prep and is an easy way to sneak vegetables in first thing in the morning if you make a green breakfast smoothie.
And if you struggle to get your veggies in, this is the easiest, most delicious way to make that challenge obsolete– and you can enjoy it at breakfast to really start your day off right! This morning boost is packed with nutrients that’ll help mop up damage in your body created by pollution, toxins and stress, while helping you to fight inflammation and disease. With just 217 calories and 15 grams of satisfying protein, this smoothie is a complete score. (Oh yeah!)
Filled with fiber and antioxidants, this tropical green smoothie is a great energy booster to start off your day right.
The magic of the Tropical Green Smoothie:
Hello Veggies, hasta la vista toxins! Veggies contain phytonutrients to help prevent destructive particles from injuring cells. And in this smoothie, we’ve got kale.
Kale, besides being packed with nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Vitamin B6, has glutathione, a protein in veggies that grabs onto toxins and drags them out of our body!
*Notice this smoothie uses fresh, not cooked kale. That’s because cooking or processing decreases the glutathione bioavailability.
Pineapple and strawberries contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds, which help to neutralize toxins and prevent damage caused from the inflammation that results from stress, pollution and even from overdoing it on less-than-healthy toxin-creating foods and drinks.
Flaxseeds are a good source of omega-3 essential fatty acids. They are important for brain health and powerful anti-inflammatories that protect against heart disease.
This smoothie will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to take on the day!
Makes 2 servings
2 cups kale, packed
2 cups pineapple, cut into cubes
1 cup frozen strawberries
7 oz. plain Greek yogurt
1 tsp flaxseeds
1. Cut kale into ribbons by removing the stems and cutting them into pieces that look like 1-inch strips. Pack the kale into the cups to ensure that you are getting the full serving.
2. Cut the frozen strawberries into halves (allow to slightly thaw if they are too frozen to cut).
3. Add yogurt to the blender and then add the kale, pineapple, strawberries, and flaxseeds and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Carbohydrates: 33 grams
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 15 grams
Sodium: 73 milligrams
Sugar: 25 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Cholesterol: 4 milligrams
Tropical Green Smoothie
- 2 cups kale, packed
- 2 cups pineapple, cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 7 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp flaxseeds
- Cut kale into ribbons by removing the stems and cutting them into pieces that look like 1-inch strips. Pack the kale into the cups to ensure that you are getting the full serving.
- Cut the frozen strawberries into halves (allow to slightly thaw if they are too frozen to cut).
- Add yogurt to the blender and then add the kale, pineapple, strawberries, and flaxseeds and blend until smooth.
Serving size: 12 oz. Calories: 207 Fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 33 g Sugar: 25 g Sodium: 73 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 15 g Cholesterol: 4 mg