Well, 2023 is almost here and certainly, all of you might have set up some new year’s resolutions and plans for yourself and your loved ones. Out of them, a large number of people might have set up some fitness and healthy diet resolutions for themselves.
Although starting a diet to lose weight and get healthier is worthwhile, it can be a little overwhelming. Problems are inevitable whenever you start something new, especially when it involves activities you often perform throughout the day, like eating and drinking.
You can still achieve your weight loss objectives as long as you don’t try to change everything at once. Continue reading to discover a few of the masters’ tricks for losing weight and, more importantly, keeping it off. After all, there is no point in losing the additional weight if you end up gaining it back.
To make your fitness goals come true, try out the following diet recipes to get fit for your New Year Party.
Also read: Surprising Health Benefits Of Chestnut
Healthy new year chaat
Check out this vitamin-packed powerhouse of chaat for your new year’s party.
3 hard-boiled eggs
1 tablespoon of fresh tomato ketchup
One tablespoon of tomato sauce with chilli.
Three tablespoons of tamarind juice
One tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon toasted cumin
Salt to taste
One green chilli
Chop one spring onion
2 to 3 tablespoons of boondi
1) Combine all ingredients in a bowl, excluding the egg, boondi, and spring onions.
2) Divide the boiled egg in half and stir in the previously mentioned ingredients.
3) Serve the wholesome chaat with some boondi and spring onions on top.
New Year green detox smoothie
Sounds ‘eeks’ right. Well, give it a shot; you might enjoy this fast, nutrient-rich smoothie. This could be a lifesaver for you after the Christmas sweets.
Two cups of spinach
2 ribs of celery, chopped
One cup of frozen banana slices
2 cups kale
One apple, chopped
1 cup soy or almond milk
Chia seeds, 1 tablespoon
One tablespoon of honey
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1) Place all of the ingredients in a blender.
2) Blend until it resembles a smoothie.
3) Immediately serve it fresh.
Healthy new year layered Greek dip
For your new year’s party, this recipe should be at the top of the list.
Carton of hummus
Half a cup of finely minced green bell pepper
A cup of finely chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup water-drained artichoke chunks
A half-cup of chopped green olives
Crumbled 1 cup feta cheese
Baked pita chips
A cup of finely sliced cucumber
A cup and a half of finely chopped pepperoncini
1) To make tzatziki sauce, combine 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber with 1/2 cup Greek yoghurt, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill, minced garlic, and salt and pepper. Then, chill the mixture.
2) Arrange cucumber, hummus, artichokes, sauce, and green and red peppers on a pie plate. Add olives and pepperoncini on top.
3) Add some feta cheese on top.
4) Refrigerate and serve it with Pita Chips.
Also read: 7 Yummy Winter Fruits And Their Health Benefits
New year smoothie bowl
This is another alternative which can be started to mould yourself into a new you.
Blueberries, 1 cup.
3 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
One cup of soy or almond milk
5 tablespoons of raw, fresh peanut butter
1 tablespoon flax seeds
A variety of nuts and fresh fruits to top
1) In a blender, combine all the ingredients—aside from the fruits and nuts—and process until smooth.
2) Pour the mixture into a basin and freeze it for ten minutes.
3) Add fresh fruit and nuts as a garnish.
4) Serve it fresh.
New Year pea oats cheela
Well, this meal is a good way to start 2023.
Half a cup of oats soaked overnight
2 green peppers
Boiling 1/2 cup of green peas
1/2 teaspoon ajwain
2 cloves of garlic
A little hing
1) To produce a paste, grind the peas with ginger, garlic, chilli, ajwain, salt, and hing.
2) After draining the water, mash the oats and stir in the pea paste.
3) Pour some ghee into a hot pan, add the paste, and spread it out evenly.
4) Cook it on each side until it turns brown over a medium-low flame.
5) Serve it warm.
In keeping with new year’s custom, one must resolve to give up a bad habit, alter inappropriate behaviour, or establish a personal goal.
Traditional New Year’s resolutions include quitting smoking, eating healthier, exercising more, getting more organised, and laughing more, but in reality, anything can be a resolution.
Research, nevertheless, hints that a lot of New Year’s resolutions fail. It may be easier for you to succeed if you keep your goals in perspective and don’t establish too many New Year’s resolutions.
Although it’s difficult to change, making improvements is ideal at the start of a new year. The greatest method to completely revamp your diet is to make incremental, gradual modifications to your eating habits.
To give you time to become adjusted to the new behaviour, some experts advise making only one modification every week. The ultimate goal is to develop new eating practices that you can maintain for the rest of your life.
Stocking your refrigerator and cabinets with nutritious goods is a great place to start, as is making plans to cook healthier meals at home.
Written by: Anjali Dharra
fbq('init', '1713453968920369' ); fbq('track', 'PageView');